Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Final Countdown.

This weekend I was once again reminded of the love and support I have in my life. I had my farewell party on Saturday and boy oh boy... it was SO good to see so many familiar faces! I must say... I couldn't help but think of Toy Story 2 when Barbie said, "Oh, my gosh, my cheeks are killing me! I can't keep smiling like this anymore! I am exhausted! I think I need a break. A little break? Okay. Whew!" My cheeks were KILLING me by the end of the party! There was even a point at the end when I got to talk to some of the sisters from the stake and I just told them, "I'm sorry, I GOTTA sit down!" Not only was I just physically exhausted but I was emotionally exhausted. You guys...it's FINALLY starting to hit me that I'm about to be leaving! About time, right? ;) Saying goodbye to so many people I love was hard! And I didn't realize how hard it was until I got home and got to read the sweet cards and notes that were left behind for me. As I was sitting in sacrament meeting today and praying to my Heavenly Father I thanked him for the people in my life. I thanked Him for being placed in the Pleasanton 3rd ward, in being placed in the Pleasanton/Dublin stake and for having the friends I have. I know that Heavenly Father is so mindful of each of His children and where they need to be in their lives and it's no coincidence that I know all of you. I love you and will be forever grateful for your love, example, and friendship!

Tonight my family and I watched The Other Side of Heaven and it was SO good! I'll admit the only time I got teary-eyed was at the very end when the Elder was saying goodbye to everyone. As I was watching that I realized how significant that was. That Elder was a BLESSING in their lives and "even though his body wouldn't physically be there anymore, his spirit would always remain present" (<---the one sister said something along those lines). I tried to put myself in that situation and how tender it's going to be when I get to the end of my mission and have to say goodbye to everyone (I know...why am I thinking about the end of mission when I haven't even started it?). But I know that as much as the people I get to teach will think I'm going to be blessing in their lives...it's going to be more the complete opposite. The people I teach are going to give me experiences, give me stories that I will one day tell my children and my grandchildren and so forth. They will be examples to me for the rest of my life. Heck, I'll probably be talking about them until the day I die! I just cannot wait to learn from the people in Los Angeles. I can't wait to connect with the people and to meet those that I will be certain of knowing in the pre-existence :)

You guys...I get set apart in ONE WEEK! And then report to the MTC in 10 DAYS! I still can't believe I got my mission call before Halloween and now it's almost March 14th! I know that this church is true. No doubt about it! I've always known it was true and I can't wait to find people who will instantly connect to the message that we'll be sharing to them. And that instant connection is them remembering the things they were once taught. The gospel is quite simple, it's just a matter of our hearts being completely open and ready to accept it. I encourage everyone (including myself) to continue strengthening your testimony for there is no end and no limit on how powerful it can be.


Love,
Liv

1 comment:

Chantalle said...

About the smiling thing...just wait till your wedding day. It lasts ALL DAY. My feet and face were killing me by the end! I'm excited to read your letters/emails, it's always uplifting to hear and see your example.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com