Monday, February 6, 2012

21 years ago.

Yesterday a lot of wonderful things happened. A thought that ran through my mind throughout the day was how 21 years ago...I was still with my Heavenly Father. You see, there was a war in Heaven. In Revelation12:7-9 it reads, "And there was war in heaven; Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels; And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him." All of us who are here on the earth today and were here from the beginning with Adam and Eve fought in Heaven and chose Heavenly Father's plan which, in The Family: A Proclamation to the World it says, "IN THE PREMORTAL REAL, spirit sons and daughters knew and worshipped God as their Eternal Father and accepted His plan by which His children could obtain a physical body and gain earthly experience to progress toward perfection and ultimately realize their divine destiny as heirs of eternal life."This was the plan that we all accepted.

When I was younger and just starting to learn about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I always wondered where I came from. Just magically popping into my mother's womb didn't make sense. I had to of been somewhere before I came down to this earth. In Jeremiah1:4-5 it says, "Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."Heavenly Father knew who we were before we came to this earth and I have such a strong a testimony that we knew him too. We were his spirit children before we came to this earth and we couldn't wait to start our mortal life in order to return back to the presence of our Father. I know that He is patiently waiting for us to come back into His arms. He is looking forward to our return.

A few semesters ago in Relief Society we were all given a "letter from home" and it was this cute, made up little letter from Heavenly Father and was just a reminder that He is always there with us in the journey and I quickly want to share the beginning of the letter:

"I remember well the day you left my side, wandered through the veil and ventured forth to fulfill your earthly mission. I had a tear in my eye as I clothed your spirit in a cloak of love and sent you off to school. Be assured that my thoughts are with you now, as always."

21 years ago I was in the presence of my Heavenly Father and He is putting all of His trust in me and in ALL of His children to fulfill his work and to fulfill our missions in life.


Love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com